Friday, April 8, 2011

TOP25 Cantos de Alabanza -Maranatha Music

MAY 3rd is the release day.. im super excited, after of year of planning, recording, pouring so much into this project it will finally be released and available to bless so many.. I can't thank God enough for the oppertunities that he grants me, and for placing such amazing people in my life who have truly blessed me.. Producer Phil Sillas, my friend has geniously coordinated the entire project. We go back to 2004, when i was introduced to him and he allowed me to collab on my first Maranatha project, which completely changed my life, there after it was Spring Hill Music's "Adorar" record, and now my sophomore project with Maranatha Music and one that i was able to be apart of from start to finish.. When Phil called me about a year ago, I didn't really know what i was in for, as he simply called me to go in and do some vocals on a couple acoustic worship songs he was working on. I said yes, and let him know to just give me a call when he needed me to go in and record.. After a couple weeks, I rcvd another call, this time it was, "What do you think about doing another Adorar Record", I of course said yes and told him to count me in... Well, soon after he allowed me to recommend some of my friends for background vocals and worship leaders to feature on the project who all gladly accepted and were excited to be apart of this project, soon we scheduled our first recording session. 8 songs, at Signature sound in San Diego, California. Eric Lopez, Alfonso Hernandez, Priscila Romero and myself , I knew each one of thier voices very well and was sure that together we were what this record called for. So we met to tackle the back ground vocals to all 8 songs in two days.. OF COURSE we finished them all and we were so excited and really motivated by how well we worked together and most importantly Phil was happy. =) Phil had met Eric once before while he was in Ca for an event he was singing at and once Eric sang, Phil instantly had plans for him.. Eric tracked lead vocals to 2 songs that same weekend in San Diego.. After those amazing and productive two days, We regrouped and agreed that we needed at least 4 more song to complete the Adorar Vol 2.. However God had other plans for that project.. a few weeks later, Maranatha Music got in touch will phil, inquiring about the record we had been working on, long story short the Adorar Vol 2 idea turned into Another TOP25 spanish record.. We were thrilled, we knew that God had great plans we had not even tapped into yet... quickly they provided a target release date, and we got to working on the rest of the songs we needed to record (music and vocals), in Feb 2011, we met again to record the remaining songs to complete the TOP25 record.. The best part of this whole project is that we were able to see how Gods hand was involved the entire time, everyone that collaborated on the project, did so to be a blessing.. renowned musicians, worship leaders, singers all with the mindset of being involved in a record that would reach so many and bless latin america and all spanish speaking listeners.. Our purpose was very clear, and we were so honored to he a part of this incredible tool to reach people..

No comments:

Post a Comment